- local colleges
- approach a local ad agency and ask to be taken on as a pro bono client to help them build their portfolio
- ask your Board of Directors, friends and family members to circulate the description to their connections
- LinkedIn, Facebook, your own website
- job posting lists, Craigslist, volunteer posting lists.
***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****
Volunteer Job Description
We are a non-profit organization looking for a videographer to create two 2-minute videos that we can embed on our website. One video will give a virtual tour of our operations. Another video will highlight client stories.
We need you to:
- Create an outline for each video.
- Write script for narrator and text pages highlighting key communication points.
- Select background music
- Shoot and edit video
- Approximately 10 hours, over the next 1 month.
- Timing for each step is negotiable.
- design meeting – brainstorming session with staff on what needs to be included in each video. Several versions of the outline may be required for approval. Potential interviewees will be selected, briefed and encouraged to act natural.
- creative work – you incorporate all scripts and video as agreed.
- final hand over (download video and email URL). Obtain feedback on your client management skills.
- honorarium $300
- meet new people outside your regular network
- give back to the community (… describe the cause of your non profit)
- learn the non-profit industry
- learn how to be a consultant – feedback to you on your client management skills
- great addition to your portfolio
- your link on our website to increase traffic from search engines to your website
- reference for your future job
- put the Unique Selling Proposition of your non profit here.
- Include the Brand Checklist.
- here is a link to our website.
- See Orientation Tips to prepare you for the non profit sector.
- here are links to other websites which offer a service similar to ours, as a comparison.
- be honest in the videos and let the emotions show
- keep each video short, avoid long introductions
- be memorable, avoid paying it safe
- real people in real situations showing their uniqueness, minimize formal scripts
- be prepared to reshoot scenes until you get it right, but not so often your subjects lose their spontaneity. A few rough edges make the video look real.
Submission deadline: Please include a resume and link to your online portfolio.