The role of the Board is to balance revenue efficiency with other goals. Its all about how staff spend their time and money. Accept that time is finite. Are staff and volunteers using their time wisely?
- which audiences deserve more attention next year? Less attention?
- do we have the right balance between revenue efficiency and other goals?
- are there other reasons to pursue a less-efficient revenue source?
- what is the role of the Board member vs employee during outreach meetings?
- which Board members will volunteer?
Its easy to say what you want more of. Its hard to say what you will give up to attain that. This chart can facilitate discussion. Ensure that for every increase there is an equivalent decrease, unless the Board agrees to hire more staff.